Monday, June 1, 2009

I Love YouTube

I had to work today so I had my laptop out. Josh had to leave to get his blood tests for the fertility experiment I am spending all of our savings on. I was tired, but not useless, and Tanner was talking about horses- he is really into horses. I caught him trying to ride the 10 inch plush horse I bought him for easter, and that wasn't very successful. So, I opened youtube and put in "horses in action" and got some great slide shows of jumping horses and dressage and even some horses in a pool in Arizona. It was a genius move and he was mesmerized. We took some hits when he started messing with the keyboard, but it worked for way longer than I expected. It felt like some kind of working mom balance moment. We got distracted but he started asking for it again once Joshua was back, so I told Josh about it and set them both loose. Josh is a youtube newbie, and he told me after I came in to respond to some crying (tanner, not josh) that he had typed in "lions and tigers and zebras" and he accidentally showed Tanner a massive zebra massacre. We tried to keep him innocent longer than that...you should not stray from "horses in action." Don't forget.